Personal grooming and style are essential elements of attraction because they communicate your social intelligence and your status. They say you can’t judge a book by its cover, but that’s only because people do.
Not everyone is blessed with good looks, but any man can become more attractive to women with excellent personal grooming and a good dress sense.
In fact, high personal grooming standards and a fashionable wardrobe can double your success with women literally overnight. Best of all, it’s easy to get this stuff sorted.
Is Your Personal Grooming Up to Scratch?
Take an honest look at your appearance. This may seem obvious, but lots of guys look sloppy. Do you shower every day? Have greasy hair? Dandruff? Stains on your shirt? Do you need to trim your nasal or eyebrow hair? Do you bother wearing underarm deodorant? Or do you go overboard, splashing on the cheap cologne, giving everyone on the bus an allergy attack?
I’m assuming you brush your teeth at least every morning and evening, but do you floss regularly? If you don’t, you should. Flossing is the single best thing you can do to avoid bad breath. Remember that people use all five senses to evaluate a potential partner and a woman’s sense of smell is very important in her choice of mate.
Who else wants to shuck off shynesss
and get jiggy with beautiful girls?
Get My Free 6-Day Seduction eCourse Here!
Personal Grooming Checklist for Men
Use this personal grooming checklist to make sure you have all your bases covered, especially before going out on a date:
- Wash your hair
- Wash your ears (inside, out, and behind)
- Brush and floss
- Clip your nails (including your toenails)
- Shave or trim your facial hair
- Pluck stray hairs on the bridge of your nose and eyebrows
- Apply a neutral antiperspirant and tasteful cologne
- Wear clean underwear
- Wear freshly laundered clothes
Tips for Dressing Well
It was Shakespeare who said “The clothes maketh the man” and this is very true. Well dressed men are rare and really stand out from the crowd. Here are a few tips for dressing well:
- Wear clothes that fit. When it comes to clothing, fit is king. Most guys wear clothing that is too big for them, because it’s comfortable or because they can’t be bothered to shop for clothing that fits well. Also a lot of guys are self-conscious about their body and try to hide it with loose clothing. A good fit accentuates your body and even modest clothing will look good if it fits well.
- With shirts, the shoulder seam should extend to the end of the shoulder, not any further.
- On dress shirts, the cuffs should not extend past the wrist bone.
- The bottom of your pants or jeans should rest gently on the top of your shoes.
- Your pants should never slip off your waist without a belt.
- Match. Most straight guys have a hard time with color coordination, but matching is easy when you know what to look for:
- Your belt should match your shoes and/or your accessories.
- If you’re wearing dress pants, your socks should match your pants.
- If you’re wearing jeans, your socks should match your shoes.
- Less is often more, so try not to wear too many colors at once.
- Accessorize. Accessorizing will help you to spruce up your look, but don’t overdo it just for the sake of it.
- A nice watch goes a long way to increase your style and status.
- A scarf can round off an outfit really well and make you look extremely fashionable.
- A necklace can accentuate the neck and shoulders and can create a sense of power and dominance.
- A bracelet can accentuate your hands and arms. Whether metal or leather, make sure they match the colors and style of your outfit.
- You can put a ring on any finger, but avoid the left ring finger for obvious reasons.
- Sunglasses can create a sense of mystery and power. Find a pair that compliments your head shape.
- Dress to your personality. Dressing to your personality and lifestyle is important in projecting a congruent image and it will help you to attract women with similar tastes and interests. If dressing like a rock star fits your personality, then do it. If you’re a top accounting executive, you should dress like a stylish and successful executive. If you’re into surfing then, by all means, go for a surfer look etc.
Do you ever feel awkward or self-conscious
when talking to a girl you like?
Get 34 Free Confidence Building Tips Here!
Men’s Personal Grooming: Hair
A lot of guys don’t pay much attention to their hair, but women do. Your hairstyle says a lot about you. Great looking hair is a sign of vitality and health — some of the key things women look for when selecting a partner. In fact hair can be symbolic of everything from virility to athletic prowess to financial status to creativity.
If you’ve worn the same hairstyle for many years, arrange a consultation with an experienced female hair stylist and let her try a new cut that suits your face and style. A trendy haircut can do wonders for your confidence and is worth the additional expense of the local barbershop. (Getting your hair cut by an attractive stylist can also be a great opportunity to practice your conversation skills.)
If you are balding, your hair will probably look better very short or even completely shaved off. Combine this with a well kept goatee and accessory, like a necklace, a nice watch or scarf and you’ll project a well-styled and confident image.
When it comes to meeting, dating and attracting women, the difference between being perceived as stylish or unstylish is night and day. While we men find women attractive based largely on their figures, women find us men attractive based largely on our style. If you don’t dress for success then women will assume that you’re a low status man.
Also, it’s hard to approach girls when you’re not looking and feeling your best. Don’t underestimate the confidence boost you’ll get from good personal grooming and styling, especially when you start noticing admiring glances from the ladies. So incorporate this grooming tips into your life today.