Questions I get asked a lot are, “How can you tell if a girl likes you?” and “What are the signs a girl is flirting with me?” Firstly and quite importantly, it is always better to let her know that you’re interested in her first than to look for signs that a girl likes you.
Then again, I doubt any man wants to waste time chasing a woman just to find out she “only want to be friends” many weeks later. What a waste of time and energy right? In this post I’ll share some giveaway signs to help you find out if she likes you or not.
How Can You Tell If a Girl Likes You?
Before we look into how you can tell if a women likes you, it’s important to recognize that only a very small percentage of people actually know what they want in a relationship. So you’re always going to be getting mixed signals from women. Some women will even lose interest the moment they realize they have you where they want you.
I don’t say this to discourage you, but you need to know what you could be up against. The good news is that a woman’s ‘interest signals’ can easily be read in her body language. Here are some things to look out for…
Playing With Her Hair Expresses Interest
If a girl twiddles with her hair in your company, it’s a great sign that she likes you. Ideally you want to see her do this more than once in a 30 second period to rule out the possibility of co-incidence. Hair play is a way of showing that she is grooming herself to be at her very best and can involve:
- Smoothing the hair down
- Tucking hair behind the ears to reveal more of her face
- Hair flipping and tossing
- Hair twiddling
Seduce beautiful women without phony routines,
cheesy pick up lines or having to fake it!
Grab My Free 6-Day Seduction eCourse Here
Tactile Clues That Show a Women Likes You
When a girl seriously likes you, she’ll use a whole range of auto-erotic touches. You may notice that she starts to touch herself in one or more of the following ways, or she seems comfortable with you touching her:
- Stroking her neck: This move gives her an instant breast lift and shows her armpit, from where she releases her pheromone attraction chemicals.
- Smoothing her hands over her neck and arms: This tease aims to make you jealous that it’s not your hands sliding over her.
- Preening: All that fluffing of hair, licking of lips and arranging of cleavage is to make her appear at her very best for you.
- Using her fingers: If she’s using her fingers to gently brush against her lips or cleavage or playing with a glass or straw while looking at you, it’s a clear sign she likes you.
- The leg twine: If she’s crossing and uncrossing her legs in front of you and gently stroking her thighs, she’s indicating her desire to be touched.
- Playful punches: It’s a great sign if she hits you on the shoulder and laughs when you tease her.
- Open to being touched: She’s comfortable with you touching her and invading her space.
Body language enthusiasts all agree about these subtle tactile clues of a woman’s interest so be sure to use them to your advantage to tell if a girl likes you.
Pupil Dilation is a Sign That She Likes You
You’ve probably heard that the eyes are the windows of the soul, and this is true when it comes to reading a person’s real desires. Studies show that our eyes dilate when we look at someone we’re attracted to. So by looking closely at a woman’s eyes you can gauge her interest and even tell if she is sexually aroused.
Of course this can be hard to notice, especially in a night time environment. If you do get close enough to notice that a woman’s pupils have expanded it’s almost a guaranteed sign she likes you and that you have a shot with her. But even if you can’t see her pupils, you can still recognize attraction if she keeps strong eye contact.
If she’s locked onto your gaze during conversation, that means that she’s very interested in what you have to say. Most people break eye contact often, especially with people they’ve just met. If she doesn’t then it’s a definite sign that she’s interested in you.
Another Glimpse Shows She’s Interested
If you haven’t talked to a woman yet, you can use this indicator to check if she’s interested in having you approach her. Wait for her to look over at you (she usually will at least once). When she does, do not show that you are interested by smiling at her. Just look back at her until she looks away, this will usually take only be a few seconds. Now if she looks back at you within 45 seconds, there is a very good chance that she likes you and is open to you approaching her.
Of course if she holds eye contact with you and doesn’t look around the room or at her friends, then she’s definitely into you. A precautionary tip here though… you have to act quickly when you notice these things. With women, timing is absolutely essential. If you don’t act on her cue, you may never have the opportunity again to make your approach.
If She Approaches You, She Definitely Likes You
You should be the one taking the initiative and leading the interaction so don’t ever sit around waiting for her to approach you. That said, if a women does approach you, even if it’s to ask the time, about the weather, for directions, or whatever, chances are she’s interested in talking to you. This should really go without saying, but a lot of guys are so oblivious that they even miss this obvious sign of interest.
Have you ever been really attracted to a girl,
but lacked the confidence to approach?
Get 34 Free Confidence Building Tips → Here
Signs a Girl Likes You During Conversation
Here are some signs of attraction to look out for while you’re talking to a woman.
- She asks you questions like your name, where you’re from etc. and seems genuinely interested in you.
- She seems happy listening to you, even when you’re talking rubbish and she laughs at your jokes, even when they aren’t funny.
- She gives you extended answers to your questions.
- She uses your name in conversation.
- She seems comfortable with pauses in the conversation.
- She ignores her friends to stay and talk to you or she introduces you to her friends.
- She stands closer to you than normal.
- She touches you unprovoked or when you touch her, she touches you back or leans into you.
- She looks at your mouth with a dreamy expression when you’re talking.
Even just a few of these signs should be all you need to know that a girl is romantically interested in you. So don’t wait too long trying to check all the boxes before going in for the kiss.
If She Isolates Herself With You, Escalate
A girl who likes you will often actively help to put you in the easiest situation possible to make a move on her. Let’s say you’ve been hanging out with a girl for most of the night and suddenly she says, “It’s noisy in here, lets grab some fresh air outside.” This is a great example of her purposefully isolating herself and it typically means that she wants to be kissed.
As the man, you should be leading the interaction so don’t wait for this to happen, or even worse, for her to initiate the kiss. On the other hand when it does happen, it’s a big green light so don’t blow your opportunity.
So there you have it. I hope you find these tips helpful. In many cases women are hardly aware that they are doing these things, and that’s a good thing. It means that it’s harder for them to conceal or fake their interest in you. All you have to do is know what signs to look out for to be able to tell if she likes you. When you notice these clues, you can ramp up your flirting or go in for the kiss.
Check out this video to learn more signs a girl is interested in you: