Can you guess what the second most attractive trait a man could possess is? Most people know that the first is confidence, but the second is humor. Women will tell you (in both their words and actions) that they love a man with a good sense of humor.
A sense of humor allows you to say risqué things that can increase sexual tension, while ensuring that she enjoys your company. Today we’ll explore how to start a conversation with a girl you like using funny conversation starters.
Purpose of Conversation Starters
Before we dive in, it’s important to emphasize that the purpose of a conversation starter is just that, to break the ice and allow conversation to happen. It’s not to build attraction.
A successful opener is one that gives you a way to start conversation and your conversation skills enable you emotionally connect with a girl and build attraction.
While it’s nice to get a smile from a girl early on because it sets a relaxed and fun mood, don’t panic if she doesn’t respond as you’d hoped. Just smile and continue to make conversation.
More important than the words you say is the way that you say them. I doubt that any of my previous girlfriends remember the conversation opener I used when we first met, but you can be sure they all remember the overall impression I made on them.
Who else wants to shuck off shynesss
and get jiggy with beautiful girls?
Click Here for my Free Seduction eCourse
Funny Conversation Starters
Funny conversation starters will generally work best with friendly and outgoing women. For women who are more reserved, we’ll explore other good conversation starters later. So without further ado, here are some funny conversation openers you could try:
- I thought I was having the most fun here, until I saw you. Do you like this bar?
Girls are naturally attracted to the guys who seem to be having the most fun so let her know that you’re having a good time, then continue the conversation by making a comment about your shared environment.
- Did you invite all these people? I thought it would just be us.
This will get a smile, while at the same time letting her know that you like her.
- I bet I can get a drink faster than you.
Use this when you’re at a bar trying to get a drink and a cute girl is next to you trying to get one too.
- Excuse me, but did you just touch my back. I really need a lot of personal space.
This is good for when a girl accidentally touches you in a crowded bar. She’ll often respond with a sarcastic apology.
- Did you just touch my butt?
Use this if the two of you bump into each to put her on the defense. It works well because it’s unexpected, bold and turns the table on traditional dating norms.
- Are you girls making mischief over here.
This is a disarming and lighthearted way to start a conversation. You could carry on by telling them that they look shifty, like they’re going to steal something.
- This gift shop is a little boring; I was hoping to get my Grandmother a Wolverine table cloth.
Something fun for when you’re out gift shopping.
- Am I ugly?
This works well if she looks away after you spot her looking over at you.
- I know that look. Are you girls male bashing?
This is a great way to interrupt girls who appear to be having a serious conversation.
- There are so many women’s magazines! I think they are instruction manuals on how women can control men, what do you think?
This is a fun conversation starter for when you’re next shopping for a magazine.
- Do you know who you remind me of? Someone I’d like to meet.
This one is good because at first it seems like an indirect opener and then you surprise her by being very direct.
“Cocky Funny” Conversation Starters
Most dating gurus agree on the power of “cocky funny” in creating attraction. The reason that cocky funny openers are so effective is because they combine confidence with humor, which is an irresistible combination for women. Here are some cocky funny conversation openers to get you started:
- Are you super-shy or what? I’ve been here for ten minutes and you haven’t offered to buy me a drink or even said hello.
This turns the table on traditional dating norms and puts her on the spot.
- Are you single? So when are you asking me out? Are you nervous?
This also turns the table on traditional dating norms and demonstrates a lot of confidence.
- You seem like a real meanie!
Use this on a girl who you see turning down other guys to put her on the defensive. You could also accuse her of being “nothing but a heart breaker”. This can lead to great conversations as she defends herself, while you play devil’s advocate.
- Are you rich chicks? I’m looking for a rich girl who can buy me stuff.
Funny because it’s so unexpected and because usually women have the reputation of being gold diggers.
- I know you probably get no attention from guys whatsoever, so I thought I’d come make some conversation with you.
This opener works best on especially attractive girls who probably gets approached a lot. If she understands sarcasm she’ll know to take it as a compliment and admire your confidence.
- Are you undressing me with your eyes.
Use this on a girl who is making eye contact with you to put her on the spot.
- All right, it’s not working out, we need a divorce. I’ve decided you can keep the Ferrari, I get the Porsche.
This one works a treat in social settings like a party or club and almost never fails to get a woman to smile.
Be careful to ensure that your cocky funny conversation starters are interpreted as humor and not as arrogance, as that could get you into trouble. A small smile after delivery helps in ensuring that your comment is taken in the right way.
Attract beautiful girls without phony routines,
cheesy pick up lines or having to fake it!
Click Here for my Free Seduction eCourse
Tips for Delivering Your Opener
Playful approaches are great icebreakers if you understand the art of the delivery. Here are a few tips for ensuring your conversation starter has the intended impact.
- Always precede your opener with “Hey”, “Hey guys” or “Excuse me” to get her full attention before delivering your conversation starter.
- Speak louder than you normally would. Not only will you reduce the chance of her responding with “What?” or “Huh?” but speaking louder can also help you to mask anxiety. It’s when you speak softly and she can barely hear you that she’ll start to focus on your flaws.
- Keep strong eye contact and use gestures to capture and hold attention.
- Don’t speak too fast, reduce um’s and ah’s as much as possible and emphasize the key points to be sure they’re heard.
- You energy level should be roughly the same or slightly higher than the girls you talking to.
- Funny openers are most effective if she thinks you’re being serious for a split second, until you crack a light smirk.
- Remember it’s all about your “vibe.” If you come across as a fun and friendly guy with an easy-going confidence then chances are she’ll be very happy to talk to you.
Now that you have a feeling for what makes a funny conversation starter, feel free to come up with some of your own. Just keep in mind the purpose of conversation openers is simply to start a conversation with a girl. Even if you start the conversation on a funny note, you should be prepared to engage in meaningful conversation. It’s only through an emotional connection that you’ll generate real attraction with a woman.
Also, don’t bog yourself down trying to memorize a funny opener for every possible situation because it’ll only lead to analysis paralysis. Sometimes the most effective openers are the most simple. If you’re not sure what to say, then try a cold reading opener and for conversation tips, check out this post about how to make conversation with a girl.
Then check out my Seduction eCourse — It’s Free!