If you’ve been wondering if you should join an online dating site, then this article about the pros and cons of online dating will help you decide if it’s right for you.
These days most people know at least a few couples who met online so it’s no secret that online dating works. Read on to discover the biggest advantages and disadvantages of dating online.
Advantages of Online Dating
Here’s a overview of some of the main benefits of online dating:
- You know that (almost) every person posted online is available and looking for companionship. So you don’t have to waste time pursuing someone only to later discover that she is in a relationship.
- Online dating is way more convenient than traditional dating. You can look for dates in your pajamas at 3 a.m. For people with day jobs, children, and other social obligations, this is a major advantage.
- Dating is a “numbers game” and online dating is designed around fast and efficient initial contacts increasing your odds of meeting “good ones”. Online dating makes parallel-dating possible for many people who would normally only get a date once in a blue moon.
- You know quite a lot about the person before exchanging a single word. Age, height, location, education, vocation, children, religion etc. From her profile you also know something about how she thinks and writes, which can give you a feeling for what her personality might be like.
- Based on her photos, you know roughly what she looks like and you have a way of contacting her, without first having to ask for her contact details.
- If she shows little interest after your initial contact, you can move onto the next prospect quickly.
- You can do all this for less than what it costs you to go out to dinner at a moderate-priced restaurant.
Attract beautiful girls without acting fake,
following a complicated system, or being creepy!
Click Here for my Free Seduction eCourse
By Comparison, Traditional Dating is Random
By chance you’re invited to a party. There you meet a friend who happens to be chatting to a pretty girl. As luck would have it, she also happens to be single. Your friend is good enough to introduce you then leaves you to continue conversation with her.
You enjoy the conversation and you discover that the two of you have a lot in common, so you pluck the courage to ask for her number. Later in the week you call her up and ask her out on a date. She accepts. You meet and find out more about her and like what you see. So does she. And so on and so on…
Notice that if, at any of the steps along the way, you realize you’re not a match, you quit and wait until another random event (like the party) occurs and you try again. Clearly online dating has some serious advantages over the randomness of traditional dating.
Perhaps the biggest advantage is that it increases your possibilities and it can also be moral building to see just how many people are available. Of course like anything online dating has pros and cons, so let’s take a look now at some of the disadvantages of online dating.
How to meet, date and attract beautiful girls
even if you’re not naturally good with women!
Click Here for my Free Seduction eCourse
Disadvantages of Online Dating
So we’ve looked at the advantages, but I’m sure you also want to know why online dating is bad. The biggest disadvantages of online dating is that it can be impersonal, time consuming, and addictive.
Also due to the sheer number of people dating online, there is a tendency for people to shop. This means that a girl you date is likely to be parallel-dating other guys. Of course this is only fair as you’ll likely be parallel-dating other girls. When people are so spoilt for choice, they can have a hard time committing.
Funny guy with killer body and money to burn seeks woman who doesn’t believe everything she reads.
Another disadvantage of online dating is that people are not always honest about who they are, what they’re looking for, their weight, age, marital history, their past etc. For some people online dating is about living out fantasies.
To avoid being strung along, I suggest you have no more than a couple of email chats and phone calls over a couple of weeks before you meet someone face to face.
Another often overlooked problem of online dating is that it’s much more likely to become involved in a long-distance relationship, than if you were to meet someone locally in person because internet dating sites attract people from all around the country and world.
The Pros Outweigh the Cons
It’s true that online dating used to be stigmatized as being the domain of the desperate, lonely and socially dysfunctional. This is no longer the case and it’s far too mainstream now to ignore. Online dating works because it drastically increases your pool of potential dates, enables you to meet people from different social circles and provides you with options, which is never a bad thing.
Everyday day people like you all over the world are successfully finding companionship and love online. Compared to traditional dating, the approach is easier, the rejection is easier, the success rate is higher and it can be a lot of fun. You’d be crazy not to give it a try!
Then check out my Seduction eCourse — It’s Free!